Italy has increased the travel restrictions previously in place to cover the whole country. Fox News reports.
Giuseppe Conte said that a new government decree will require all Italians to meet a limited set of criteria — such as a need to work or health conditions — in order to travel outside the areas where they live.
He said the quarantine ordered by Rome in the north over the weekend was not enough and would have to be extended to the whole country, impacting the country’s 60 million residents.
Italy registered 1,807 more confirmed cases as of Monday evening, for a national total of 9,172, the most cases of the virus outside of China. The number of dead in Italy also increased by 97 to 463.
The new move also expands school closures until April 3rd.
Image Credit: Giorgio Galeotti / CC BY (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0)